For those of you who know me in person, or those who have been around my blog for a while, you know that I love food. LOVE food. I love to cook good food, explore good food, and most of all, eat good food. So, I thought I’d do a quick post on my top 5 favorite foods!
1. Sushi. Oh my word, do I love sushi. I used to hate it, after a nasty spell with food poisoning in high school, so one of my biggest regrets was not taking advantage of the sushi while we lived in Japan. After we moved home, I gave it another whirl and was hooked. I could eat sushi 3 meals a day, 7 days a week!
2. Pizza. I love the versatility of pizza. It’s bread you can put anything on. Like pineapple and apple slices? That’s ok, make it a pizza! Want fig and machego…slap it on a pizza crust! It’s perfect for dinner parties because everyone gets what they want (especially if you do mini pizzas), and I am always looking for interesting combinations to put together. My favorite pizza place, currently, is Bazbeaux’s Pizza in Indianapolis. Their Tchoupitoulas pizza is amazing!
3. Cheesecake. This is probably my all-time favorite dessert, ever. The creamy deliciousness of cheesecake, in my mind, can’t be beat! The Cheesecake Factory has some amazing flavors, and while I don’t always enjoy their food, I’ll go there any time for a slice of their cheesecake! Favorite flavors are the White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle cheesecake, and their 30th Anniversary cheesecake. Yum!
4. Middle Eastern Cuisine. All of it. I’ve seriously never met a Middle Eastern dish I didn’t like. Hummus and pita is a regular staple in our house, and I make falafel at least twice a month. I love all the spices and flavors that are put together in each dish, and I’d love to learn how to cook traditional Middle Eastern food. We did a cooking class while in Morocco, and I have those recipes (and make them frequently), but I’d love to learn more traditional dishes.
5. Cheese. J always says that when I cook, it’s “X with a side of cheese.” Pasta with a side of cheese, vegetables with a side of cheese…you name it, I probably put cheese on it. Since I started my weight loss journey a year or so ago, I don’t use nearly as much cheese as I used to, but it’s still one of my favorite foods. While we lived abroad, we went to a Michelin star restaurant with our friends, in Luxembourg. One of the courses of dinner was a cheese course, and the waiter came around with an enormous CART full of different cheeses! It was heaven!
So, there you have it…my Friday Favorites, food style! What are your favorite foods?? Any recipes you’d love to share?